Re: gEDA-user: Random thoughts on the future interface of PCB

On Thu, Dec 09, 2010 at 09:55:37PM +1100, Stephen Ecob wrote:
> I'm *very* unsure of is whether we could raise enough to make a
> difference.  Does anyone have any idea of how many of us make
> commercial use of gEDA ?

Hi,
	I am completly new in gEDA(like few days).

	I am indend to use gEDA for commercial use. I work for a
	commpany developing PCBs and we are about to switch from
	our current PCB developement suite and use gEDA instead.

	I personaly like gEDAs designa a lot, but some of my colleague
	feel a bit different way. We are still in a phase of testing
	this software.

	As some of you probably noticed, I started a fork of PCB.
	As there are some issues which have to be solved before we can
	really start using this software. I intend to keep a fork with
	nesesary changes and push the changes upstream later. This way
	it doesn't bother me much, that pushing upstream is a bit
	problematic as I have just read.

	But to the point in this discussion. When we start to use this EDA
	software fully in our bussines, we will come to some shortcoming
	of this software and we intend to fix them or pay for having
	them fixed. But this will happend not before few months from
	now.

	I hope I have not offended anyone by starting a fork. I intend
	to push everything to upstream as soon as possible. Actually
	there are still no my patches, they will probably appear in few
	days as I come to bugs.

		Martin Kupec