Re: gEDA-user: Random thoughts on the future interface of PCB

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 04:05:11PM +0000, Peter Clifton wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-12-11 at 10:53 +0100, Martin Kupec wrote:
>
> > 	As some of you probably noticed, I started a fork of PCB.
>
> Nope.. but since you thought we might notice.. I presume it is a git
> branch somewhere... repo.or.cz or github?
	Since I am czech, the repo.or.cz was clear choice :-).

> > 	As there are some issues which have to be solved before we can
> > 	really start using this software. I intend to keep a fork with
> > 	nesesary changes and push the changes upstream later. This way
> > 	it doesn't bother me much, that pushing upstream is a bit
> > 	problematic as I have just read.
>
> Well, don't forget to raise the issues here - you might find you get
> some of them fixed for free ;)  Fixing issues affecting everyone
> benefits everyone. If they are very complex to fix, sponsoring someone
> with the required know-how to fix them might speed up the process of
> course.
	Now there are few minor issues, some of them are already fixed
	in your branch. I will try to post another email describing them
	later today.

> Which bits of gEDA are you using? gschem, PCB, xgsch2pcb?
	We want to use gschem, gsch2pcb and PCB. I have to look to
	xgsch2pcb. I missed that one.

	Haven't you seen ebuild for xgsch2pcb somewhere around?

> I presume on a Linux desktop. Anyway, if you have problems let us (or
> me) know, I'm always keen to hear of success stories with gEDA / PCB
> being used commercially, so I hope I can help make that happen.
	We actually use Windows XP desktops..but for gEDA we have
	VirtualBox with linux installed. But this will probably change
	later on as we finish our switchover. Our previous EDA was
	formica.cz and it has only windows version.

	If we really start using it in general, you will definetly know
	as I will be talking here regullary :-).

		Martin Kupec