Re: gEDA-user: Random thoughts on the future interface of PCB

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 04:05:11PM +0000, Peter Clifton wrote:
> Well, don't forget to raise the issues here - you might find you get
> some of them fixed for free ;)  Fixing issues affecting everyone
> benefits everyone. If they are very complex to fix, sponsoring someone
> with the required know-how to fix them might speed up the process of
> course.
	It took me a little longer, but I have bunch of issues I need to
	address.

	For larger desings it is needed to
	automaticly(pseudo-automaticly) connect pins/vias/pads with
	polygon they lay in if there is rat to that polygon(or something
	else the polygon intersect with). Good example is polygon
	connected to GND.

	This one will probably need assingment of net to polygons.
	I want to write a little work-around. Iam writting action for
	selecting net by name. Should work like clicking on net name in
	netlist window and then button select. I think that such action
	will be usefull in general.

	Sometimes, when you place to lines too close, but not that close
	in polygon. It will make thin line in the polygon connecting two
	part of the polygon. DRC will mark this line as too thin. It
	should automaticly erase such lines. Any proposal, how to fix
	this?

	When you make a via in polygon. Change the clerance to too
	small value and add thermal(even full thermal). DRC will mark
	this via as having too smal clearance. This seems like bug to
	me.

	Bigger issues is that when I drag component, lines are dragged
	with it. This is fine, but the lines do not respect any
	orthogonal/45 deg rules.

	I cannot simply unmask part of the board. I know how to do it,
	but that is not optimal. Having some Solder mask layer with
	polygons clearing solder mask would be neat.

	And one question. Is it possible to enable snapping to end of
	lines? I know about snapping to pins/pads/vias, but have not
	found how to snap to end of line.

	This list is just what we came into when trying PCB.
	I am definetly not blaming anyone for any of those issuses.
	Just letting you know what are my problems.

		Martin Kupec