Re: gEDA-user: 200 bugs, warts and feature requests

Armin Faltl wrote:

>> â gschem room for improvement: If an autosave backup is found,
>> the dialog should offer to show the diff of the two files.
>>
> sounds quite difficult to implement - diff as "ghost symbols" ?

Well, this would be the perfect solution. Less luxury would still be an
improvement. The dialog might offer to run the diff command on the two
source files and present the result in a simple text window. Just like
apt-get upgrade does if it stumbles on user modified config files.
Sure, easily wouldn't spot a change in connection. But added or removed
symbols should be easy to recognize.
Another easy to implement hint would be the date of the files.

>> â gschem usability improvement: If a symbol contains slots,
>> insert should optionally add all slots at once with slot
>> numbers automatically incremented.
>>
> :-)

I'll take this as a " yay"

>> â gschem usability: The add text dialog should automatically
>> apply the current text when the mouse leaves the dialog.
>>
> :-(   if you don't need to click for placement, 99% of times the text
> will be "elsewhere"

I didn't mean to get rid of the apply-click. Just the click on the ok
button. If the mouse leaves the dialog area, this should be treated as
"ok, I am done. Let me apply the current text"

> it's a funny idea, that you have to move the dialog for placement
> of the text

On two monitor set-up dialogs tend to sit on the other screen. It is a
hassle to open them time and again. Seems like the GUI should behave
differently depending on the amount of available screen real estate.
How about a global option

>> â gschem usability: The add text dialog should contain widgets to
>> set text attributes like size, color, orientation,....
>>
> :-))

I'll take this as a "yay yay" :-)

>> â gschem usability: Accel to increment/decrement  text size on
>> [s]/[shift-s] similar to pcb
>>
> :-)

I imagine, this is the easiest to implement. I'll take a stab at it.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Ãffentlicher PGP-SchlÃssel: