Re: gEDA-user: overlapping via changes

On Mon, 2010-12-20 at 14:39 +0100, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:

> Thanks. I'll put this to the wiki.
> Back then when I used protel we actually had cases where overlapping
> were holes deliberate. The hole had to be non-round and clad with metal.
> So regular milling wouldn't do.

That is OK so long as the vendor knows what you mean, and does whatever
special processing is required.

With regular drilling, I would imagine overlapping holes would quite
often lead to snapped drills, or at least a badly drilled hole.
Presumably they converted to some kind of routing operation?

"In the future"(TM) I'd like to see PCB support this kind of thing
specified more generally than kludging by overlapping drill holes.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,