Re: gEDA-user: Resistor values???

On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 09:23:17PM -0500, Mark wrote:

<snip>

> So, because I use several methods, a single one-size-fits-all library is just not going to work for me.
> I *could* make use of a library of heavy symbols but I still need the lightweight symbols, too.  If I
> was forced to choose one library then I would like to keep the lightweight stuff.

Maybe we should extend existing library in a way that we clone existing
symbols, prefix the names by use case and add/delete attributes. Since
the currently available library wouldn't change at all, no existing
schematics would be broken.

We now have resistor-1.sym and resistor-2.sym; we woulg then have these
cloned as _P_resistor-1.sym and _P_resistor-2.sym, _P_ meaning they are
intended for use on PCB.

Of course, this would increase the confusion of new users, but it should
be no harder than getting the L/N/M suffix of some SMD footpritns in
PCB.

Regards,

Tibor Palinkas