Re: gEDA-user: autorouter

> The thing is that I did not want just to complain, I have programming
> experience in C and I would like to make it better. Unfortunately I have
> no knowledge of possible algorithms and their optimizations. There is
> very little interest in autorouter quality from what I see but I will
> try to reach the author and find out what can be done.

This is something that can also be "fixed" in the optimizer.

In djopt.c, in function orthopull_1(), you'd need to look for cases
where you can pull a trace across existing pads or vias that have no
other connections on that trace's layer.

Note that orthopull_1 is one of the more complex functions in djopt
(it's also the most generic optimization).  You might want to try
adding it to debumpify() instead, which is limited to simple "U"
shapes like yours.