Re: gEDA-user: mac os x fink packages

Thanks to Charles Lepple and Mikey Sklar,

I had success (I think) installing the packages one at a time (except somehow verilog and the gManager are missing). I followed Charles' instructions on removing X11 (apple version) and then had fink install Xfree86. Now I can type things like 'gschem' in terminal and it finds the command, but X11 is still broken.

Here is what I get:

michaelrogers:~ michaelrogers$ gschem

Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:
michaelrogers:~ michaelrogers$ xterm
xterm Xt error: Can't open display:
michaelrogers:~ michaelrogers$

I re-installed X11 using fink, still same error. I think I must be pretty close now, I just need some help with getting X11 to work now...