Re: gEDA-user: mac os x fink packages

I can't open an xterm, due to the error. There is something still wrong:

michaelrogers:~ michaelrogers$ export DISPLAY=:0.0
michaelrogers:~ michaelrogers$ xterm
xterm Xt error: Can't open display: :0.0
michaelrogers:~ michaelrogers$

Time to try something else. I once set a bunch of Xterm parameters on my mac in an attempt to get it to be a remote terminal for my Linux box at school, to run mentorgraphics remotely from home using Xterm from my mac. I have no memory of what we did to it at that time, maybe the old settings are interfering now, even though I have a different version of X11 running than I did at that time? What is the file that contains all that stuff? What should be in there? .Xauthority is comletely empty.