Re: gEDA-user: Building subcircuits in gschem and pcb possible?

Klaus -

On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 05:37:46PM +0100, Klaus Rudolph wrote:
> I have a circuit which contains a lot of identical subcircuits.

I do this "all the time", but I use xcircuit instead of gschem.
In PCB, I can cut-and-paste the laid-out channel just fine, but
the refdes get messed up.  Those are fairly easy to fix up with
an awk script.  On the schematic side, what you want is a hierarchical
design.  Define your amp as a block, and then instantiate it 8 times
on a higher level page.  xcircuit can do this, and I trust gschem
can too.  I end up post-processing the xcircuit netlist to get
reasonable component names, since they otherwise come out with
the hierarchy prefixed.

      - Larry