Re: gEDA-user: POLL: On politeness

On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 06:31:18PM -0500, Frank wrote:
> I was just wondering if you guys think think the emails of Marc Price
> are a breach of politeness etiquette and dimishes the quality of this

I would need to have a definition of the etiquette to check every point
of it with every message to see if something was breached or not to
determine this.

> mailing list? Should this person be removed from the mailing list? I

No, because the person is pointing out real usability problems of gEDA
and this way contributing to improvement. The negative tone of his
message is cause by his emotion "I am pissed off" which is caused by
lack of usability in gEDA. Lack of usability if gEDA is caused by
inability of the developers to understand particular usability problems.
Therefore if we used transitivity, we could say that gEDA developers are
causing these negatively toned e-mails themselves.

> include his postings below.
>
> Personally, I found that the regulars here to be extremely helpful and
> they don't deserve that kind of crap.

He is helpful as well.

CL<