Re: gEDA-user: Why use gEDA?

Sadly, most students are not comfortable with Unix and command lines. If
providing a more familiar GUI approach to using the tools is possible,
and doesn't detract from the core flexibility which benefits gEDA, I'm
all for it. It will help us compete with commercial tools - which (IMHO)
are not that good in terms of usability anyway.

It is sad that most are not comfortable with command line tools. I'd list awk and perl near the top of my "must have" tools for work. I can't imagine getting the job done without a decent computing environment (i.e. if I were forced to use windows). But then again, I also realize that my view is biased by the types of projects I work on.

-Dan