gEDA-user: Re: Which are the biggest looking gEDA warts?

John Griessen wrote:
> wart -- Is there a way to set up iverilog with gtkwave?  Why is ver 2.0
> seemingly dead? and the latest version debian package is 1.3.81?  And
> gtkwave seems to have two home page sites saying they have the most
> recent version -- one 1.3.24 and the other 3.0.22?

GTKWave "just works" with Icarus Verilog VCD output. In fact, the
the VCD dumper for Icarus Verilog was written by Tony. (So are the
lxt dumpers, by the way.)

I suppose, though, that there should be a heading in the User Guide
for using GTKWave. Also, I agree that the status of GTKWave needs
to be clarified, documentation written and the web pages made to
be mutually consistent. Tony? You there?

For my part, the Icarus Verilog documentation could use a chapter
in the User Guide that describes in more detail exactly how to work
GTKWave with Icarus Verilog. (For those who do not know, documentation
for Icarus Verilog lives here: <http://iverilog.wikia.com>)
http://www.icarus.com         and lines to code before I sleep,