Re: gEDA-user: New user - Hierarchy problem

Steve Taylor wrote:

> When I run the same command on the top level schematic, I get a long list
> of "Duplicated references for every symbol in the underlying schematic, I
> get another list for duplicate slot 1 of every symbol, and I get errors on
> three of my inputs, listing the components to which they should have been
> connected, saying the nets connect to only one pin.

I run drc2 on a similar schematic and get just minor warnings
NOTE: Found pins without the 'pintype' attribute: U6:3 U6:4 U6:2 U6:5 U6:6 U6:1 U6:8 U6:7 U5

WARNING: Pin(s) with pintype 'input/output': U2:6
	are connected by net 'GND'
	to pin(s) with pintype 'power': U2:7 U2:8

These I know I can ignore in my case.

The offpage symbols have attribs device=none pintype=pas
refdes=SENVDD1 pinnumber=1

Does your top schematic have symbols with pins that have the same name
as  refdes=SENVDD1 with  pinlabel=SENVDD1?

This is going to be a symbol you create.

John Griessen

--
Ecosensory   Austin TX
tinyOS devel on:  ubuntu Linux;   tinyOS v2.0.2;   telosb ecosens1