Re: gEDA-user: xgsch2pcb and gschem

On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 22:43 +0100, joel silvestre wrote:
> Le lundi 18 février 2008 à 16:32 +0000, Peter Clifton a écrit :

> I try to install in /usr/local but I stop because it require to
> configure and compile as root.

It certainly shouldn't require that.

The only step required to run as root is make install.

The main gotcha is that you need to configure and build libgeda first,
make install (as root of course), then build the rest of the suite.

> When launched from a terminal xgsch2pcb works pretty well so it's not a
> problem for me at all.
> If there is any interest I can make further checks.

If anyone else can figure out why this might be, I'd be interested to
know. As it is, I'm pretty stumped as to why it would want a terminal.

I'd guess it is something that the terminal's startup script is doing
(benficially) to the runtime environment for gschem.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,