Re: gEDA-user: xgsch2pcb and gschem

On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 23:22 +0000, Peter TB Brett wrote:

> Are your LD_LIBRARY_PATH etc set in your .bashrc, or your .bash_profile?

OP already replied that he has the library path where libgeda is
installed listed in /etc/ld.so.conf

I suspect I was wrong thinking it was a libgeda version mismatch.

> The blank message means that any program run from a menu icon or desktop icon
> will not pick up the correct environment to be able to run programs which
> require libgeda (from your description, it sounds like this isn't your issue,
> but please check anyway).

> Many window managers' "Run" windows allow you to specify that you want the
> command to "Run in a terminal window".  Please do this for xgsch2pcb, and
> report any output when it attempts to launch gschem (this is different from
> running it from a bash prompt in a terminal window, in that the environment
> will be that of the window manager rather than that of the interactive
> shell).

_something_ must be different in the environment.

What happens if you launch a terminal with shell from the window
manager, but have the shell start-up scripts somehow disabled
temporarily. Can you reproduce?

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,