Re: gEDA-user: more kvetch re: pcb Arcs

On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 13:52 -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:
> >  - "offset" button like 2d CAD packages have

Is this a patterning tool, for copying a selection of objects relative
to the old ones?

This site has the guide for autocad:
http://www.ncsu.edu/project/graphicscourse/gc/acadtut/acadtut2000/offset1.html

http://www.fbe.unsw.edu.au/learning/autocad/ad2/T3/

> >  - "extend/trim" mode like 2d CAD packages have
>
> Could you define these?

Trim (I think), allows you to define a cut-line which then trims lines
(and other geometry)? at this point.

It would allow you to shorten a group of tracks like this:

                               ^ TRIM LINE

I presume extend is similar, but for extending lines?

In gschem, I often find myself wishing to extend a group of existing
nets, for example. it they line up, I drop in a new net connecting their
ends - then rubber-band it to elongate the nets (then deleting my
temporary net).