Re: gEDA-user: more kvetch re: pcb Arcs

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 1:12 PM, Bert Timmerman <bert.timmerman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Mark, DJ,
>
> On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 13:52 -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:
>> >  - "offset" button like 2d CAD packages have
>> >  - "extend/trim" mode like 2d CAD packages have
>>
>> Could you define these?
>>

> FWIW, I made some (smallish) pics at:
>
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~ljh4timm/downloads/pcb_stuff/
>
> Offset: copy (and scale) selected line+arc with a previously defined
> value (distance) in the indicated direction.
>
> Trim: cut the red line (trace) at the intersection with the blue one.
>
> Extend: extend the red trace upon the blue trace.
>
> Due to the "grips" pcb traces have these can be dragged to "cut" or
> "extend".

No.  The grips can shorten or lengthen the trace, but they cannot be
used to position the trace in an accurate way unless you snap to grid
or a trace endpoint.   The grid is mostly worthless with the kind of
design I'm working on and endpoints are too restrictive.

Those pictures are helpful, thank you.

Regards,
Mark
markrages@gmail