Re: gEDA-user: OT: Latex

   On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 6:26 AM, gene glick <[1]carzrgr8@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   wrote:

     Do you all use Latex for editing docs, or maybe open office or
     other? I'm getting fed up with the open office bugs and starting to
     think that Latex is a better alternative.  Busy compiling Lyx as we
     speak.

   I use pdfLaTeX  (and  occasionally  pdfTeX)  for  **all** documents. I
   really like ConTeXt
   but I have too much work in LaTeX to switch at this point.
   I make everything a pdf file. I use the pdfpages package to include
   document pages.
   For figures I use the \includegraphics command which will include,
   scale and rotate a pdf file.
   I use Makefiles and scripts to automate the process. Emacs + AucTeX for
   editing.
   METAPOST and gnuplot for graphics. beamer for slides.

   The only hassle I have had is floating figures and figures in
   multicolumn mode.
   I think I have these nailed down.
   (* jcl *)
   P.S. Finding a bug in the TeX or METAFONT programs is now worth
   0x$80.00 at the Bank of San Serriffe ;)
   --
   You can't create open hardware with closed EDA tools.
   twitter: [2]http://twitter.com/jluciani