Re: gEDA-user: why separate xgsch2pcb?

> Unless the problem is inherently graphical, a GUI isn't needed, and
> the design should be implemented without it.

The "problem" is organization and presentation.  Is that inherently
graphical?  If a new user can't manage their flow because all those
little tools are difficult to visualize, we've failed them.  A GUI is
more than just sugar, or for inherently graphical tasks.  It's a way
of organizing information such that humans can relate easily.  Just
saying "use make" is not going to solve that problem, no matter how
clever your make-fu is.

No, we don't *need* a GUI.  We really, really want one, though.