Re: gEDA-user: why separate xgsch2pcb?

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 8:22 AM, Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> DJ; Or, you could get PCB to pass the search path to gnetlist. I "think"
> that can be done using a "gafrc" file in the temp directory, with
> (scheme-directory "${SCMDIR}")
>
> This could of course clash with an gafrc required by the project in the
> first place, so is probably a bad idea.

I've hacked in to gnetlist a command line option to add directories to
the search path for a backend, enabling me to use a backend that is
not in the system path and not play with my normal .gafrc (I used -L
to mimic compilers searching for a library).  Seems like that could've
come in handy here (although wouldn't help the bootstrapping problem
faced now).  I could clean up the patch and send it in if the devs
think this is a good idea.

Jared