Re: gEDA-user: analog/code co-simulation and schematics and netlists for silicon

On Wed, 2010-02-24 at 09:46 +1100, Geoff Swan wrote:
> I have daydreamed about the possibility of linking gEDA with qucs and
> simavr/gdb for example. To be able to create a circuit layout and
> perform harmonic ballance simulation combined with microcontroller
> code simulation... Oh, and while I daydream, an integrated tool for
> doing FEM analysis the pcb design to improve RF circuit layout. I am
> only new to gEDA so forgive me if I some of this is already possible..
> From the little I have seen getting the circuit information out of
> gEDA must be fairly straight forward - it is getting the other tools
> to play nicely that would be tricky. This is something that I
> certainly would like to look into.
>
> Geoff
>
> Australia

Doing marine renewables, I "vote" for integrated computational fluid
dynamics + electrical simulation - although at this point in time, I'm
looking at the gEDA tools and thinking building those (including
gwave!!) is a piece of cake compared to building OpenFOAM. (OpenFOAM is
a GPL'd FEA package with a NIH build-system).

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,