Re: gEDA-user: Message and Library windows

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 3:53 PM, Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I can't help but feel that some log messages are important enough to
> bother the user about - and others are not.. we'll have to see what
> people actually using it think, I'm not doing any PCB design work at the
> moment myself.

Maybe add a Warn function along side Message (or something along those
lines), and add a flag to HID.log that says whether or not to bring
the log window to the foreground?  Or go all out and add an enum for
severity.  It'd be easy to add the plumbing, the hard part would be to
go through and decide what Message()s should be Warn()s, etc.

I'm sure different severities could be displayed differently in the
log quite easily as well...

The functionality I saw someplace (was it in your repo?) to
attach/embed the log window to the main window will help out with this
problem as well I think.

Jared