Re: gEDA-user: any last minute advice prior to sending out for PCB fab

> So these footprint fiducials are outboard of the part so they show in a
> vision system as the part is being placed?  Do you put silk outline outside
> them or some silk circles around each one to clue
> the CM about what they are good for, or does that just need some notes and
> documentation and phone calls?

I don't put silk around the fiducials.  For the parts that have them,
they are in
two diagonal corners of the part footprint, as part of the footprint.

My current CM knows our process and we know theirs now, so we don't usually
say much about them.  Going to a new CM I would have lots of fab notes
in a ReadMe.

Where things usually fall about is the people on the line don't get to
talk to the customers.
Make it a point to ask to the people that are on the line doing the
work.  Not the CM salesmen nor the company managers.  The line people
know how to make things go well, and what can be done to improve
things, but it frequently gets lost in the hierarchy of politics
between the workers and the customer, and doesn't make it back to the
board designers.