Re: gEDA-user: any last minute advice prior to sending out for PCB fab

Bob Paddock wrote:
On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 3:24 PM, Larry Doolittle
<ldoolitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Have you put Fudicuals on components, such as tiny QFN packages, or
even massive TQFP and BGAs.
I don't think you said what you wanted to say.

Not sure.  I know our CM loves that I put fuducials on the QFN
accelerometer and compass IC's.
They get mounted at funny angles on the board.  My intent was  to say,
that if space is available put
fudcials at the component footprint level,

So these footprint fiducials are outboard of the part so they show in a
vision system as the part is being placed?  Do you put silk outline outside
them or some silk circles around each one to clue
the CM about what they are good for, or does that just need some notes and
documentation and phone calls?

John