Re: gEDA-user: gEDA user: gnetlist -gdrc buffer overflow and gnetlist -gspice-sdb killed

On Feb 28, 2010, at 2:17 PM, al davis wrote:

> On Saturday 27 February 2010, John Doty wrote:
>> It looks like you're using the kind of hierarchy suitable for
>> a printed circuit flow, not a SPICE/ASIC flow. I suggest
>> first reading the excellent tutorial at
>> http://www.brorson.com/gEDA/SPICE/intro.html.
>>

> Ouch ..
>
> That was written 6 years ago when things were very different
> than they are now.
>
> LTspice is as much not a part of gEDA as Eagle is.

Ah, but it has an open interface we can use. A great strength of gEDA is that the tools play well with other tools, whether they are part of gEDA or not.

>  Promoting it
> here is the same as promoting Eagle.

I don't see that document as promoting LTspice. I used it five years ago to learn Stuart's ideas on SPICE flow, but for sims I use ngspice.

If you want to add gnucap-specific advice to the tutorial, I'm sure Stuart would include it.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx