Re: gEDA-user: gEDA user: gnetlist -gdrc buffer overflow and gnetlist -gspice-sdb killed

On Sunday 28 February 2010, John Doty wrote:
> Ah, but it has an open interface we can use. A great strength
>  of gEDA is that the tools play well with other tools,
>  whether they are part of gEDA or not.

I don't care how many proprietary tools you can leverage by
starting the schematic on gschem.

I do care how much of a design you can do with a 100% free/open-
source flow, and how well that kind of flow works.

I do care about a migration path to encourage people to move
from proprietary flows to free/open-source flows.

I do care about cooperation between free/open-source tools,
whether they are part of gEDA or not.

I do care about welcoming those who are making free/open-source
tools, adding to how much of a design you can do with a 100%
free/open-source flow, whether they are part of gEDA or not.

I do care about welcoming researchers, who are creating the new
state of the art, the tools of the future.

I do care about welcoming hobbyists, who are creating our
culture and future.