Re: gEDA-user: Open Collector Error Checking

Kai-Martin:
> Karl Hammar wrote:
> > The patches of (numslots=0 thing, oc/oe drc2):
> > are so small and obvious. Do we really need the overhead of a bug
> > tracker for them?
> Well, developers of geda and/or pcb, those with write access to the
> source, tend to ignore patches on the mailing list. That said, patches
> on the tracker have been on hold indefinitely in the past, too.

One dev have said [1] we should nag them about theese patches.

> To change this habit, was one of the motivations for the with the
> switch from sourceforge to launchpad (hint, hint...)
> At least patches can be more easily retrieved on the trackers.

I understand the hint etc., but we should have one or more person
that could actually *commit* thoose simple fixes, either at the
official or a seperate site. I could possible set up a git repo for
thoose simple fixes. Do anyone want to join?

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

[1] http://www.seul.org/pipermail/geda-user/2009-October/021044.html

Aspö Data