Re: gEDA-user: Open Collector Error Checking

Karl Hammar wrote:

> I understand the hint etc., but we should have one or more person
> that could actually *commit* thoose simple fixes,

ack.
Patches are the result of non-trivial efforts. The contributers
deserve some attention. Even a short note, that the patch will
not applied is way better than let the patch rot until forever
and a day. IMHO, this kind of ignorance is a sure way to drive
away potential developers. See bug 699454 by Ineiev:
 https://bugs.launchpad.net/pcb/+bug/699454
The patch was filed in October 2008. danmc asked for some clarification
in November. Ineiev responded in December and updated the patch.
In February somebody not logged in suggested to split the patch
into smaller blobs. Ineiev resonded the next day and provided a
series of patches two weeks later in March 2009.
Then nothing until today.

> either at the official or a seperate site. I could possible set
> up a git repo for thoose simple fixes. Do anyone want to join?

Not another semi fork, please. It is already a pain to have the
OpenGL only in Peter Cliftons version.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak