Re: gEDA-user: pcb plugin smartdisperse fails on load

On Thu, 2011-02-24 at 15:45 -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:
> > In-tree "plugins" is a +1 from me, as I hate to think of the level of
> > breakage we could cause if we do more drastic re-factoring of PCB.
>
> I was thinking, pcb probably will end up needing a command line option
> to print the right compiler options to build plugins with...
> especially with the option to use C or C++ now.

They call that "pkgconfig" in the Gnome-ish world, although it isn't
Gnome specific. libgeda uses it. It is aimed at libraries, but I think
it could be made to do what we want.

You could add it to PCB I guess - we could even teach PCB how to invoke
the compiler and build plugins if we were feeling over-keen! (But
perhaps that is encroaching on being too clever).

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,