Re: gEDA-user: Insufficient clearance of pad inside polygon

El miÃ, 04-01-2006 a las 11:25 -0500, DJ Delorie escribiÃ:
> Consider spell checkers, for example.  They *all* offer fix-on-the-fly
> of various sorts, and I think PCB should offer something similar.
> It's a *real* pain to keep track of what needs to be fixed, and go
> back and fix them.  Either a fix-on-the-fly feature needs to be added,
> or a DRC layer or overlay needs to be added which tags all the errors
> and lets you remove tags as you fix stuff.
>
> But making arbitrary changes from inside DRC is harder than an
> independent option that fixes one type of reasonably safe DRC problem.

I know at least one commercial package that allows you to move a via, a
track or a component, and it automatically push or reroute other vias or
tracks next to it to comply with the DRC rules. And it also shows you
the result while you are moving it!. That is a very helpful feature that
can save a lot of work.
I understand it can be very hard to code, but it can be considered as a
long term goal...

Regards,

Carlos