Re: gEDA-user: pcb fab recommendations

On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 11:28:46AM -0500, Frank Eory wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm not quite sure if it is permitted or not to post an answer on this
> mailing list. If not, then please answer to my private email address. I
> live in Canada and I'm looking for cheaper PCB makers then the local
> company I am ordering from. My PCB is 4" x 3", 2 layer and my last
> order was for 24. There were some corrections I made to the board and I
> would like to reorder for a small quantity to be sure I don't end up
> with a lot of boards I have to correct by hand. Please give me your
> recommendations for a maker.

They're in Ireland, but I'd thoroughly recommend www.pcb-pool.com.  I've
had one board that was made incorrectly (they put on silkscreen when I
asked for it not to be added), but they've always fixed every problem
immediately and without question.  I'm not sure how much the postage and
exchange rate would add to the cost, but you can get a quote online.

You do, however, have to convert your Gerber file to GC-Preview format
using their Windows-based tool first.  Perhaps the gEDA/PCB team could
work with them to get native PCB support?

Oh, and a short disclaimer: these are my opinions, and not necessarily
those of ST. ;-)

--
David Smith            Work Email: Dave.Smith@xxxxxx
STMicroelectronics     Home Email: David.Smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx