Re: gEDA-user: gsch2pcb : coming up empty

On Jan 2, 2007, at 8:28 PM, John Luciani wrote:

On 1/2/07, Andy Peters <devel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Jan 2, 2007, at 7:59 PM, John Luciani wrote:

> On 1/2/07, Andy Peters <devel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> So I think that my footprint is broken, but I dunno how or why!
>>
>> -a
>
> If your footprint is a simple newlib footprint you may want to post
> it.

Actually, I did, in the message that started this thread, but I'll
include it here (in case this list rejects attachments).  It's called
SOT223-230P-650W-356L-4N.

That symbol loaded for me without any problems.

Loaded into pcb directly, or brought in when used as a footprint attribute attached to a symbol?

Now I can't get ANY footprint to load from the symbol.

I've spent all evening screwing with this ... trying various combinations of different footprints, changing attributes using gattrib or editing the symbols (either in emacs or using gschem) and I can't get it to work. I'm looking through gsch2pcb.c, trying (and mostly failing) to understand what it's doing and how it works with gnet-gsch2pcb.scm. I'm not enough of a programmer to figure out how to load gsch2pcb into gdb and debug it, Maybe there's a way to get it to build and debug using Xcode, but I don't know how.

I give up.  Sorry.

-a