gEDA-user: I need layer for board outline

There is vendor requirement that outline of board and various mount
holes must be drawn in separate layer. Now board outline layer is always
exported to Gerber with pins, even if this layer belongs to separate
layer group. I read documentation for sure and I didn't find any methos
how to do such thing. I seems that I need special layer like 'pins',
'silk' and etc.

The workaround is to create new *.pcb file without components,
draw only board outlines in place  where it could be in the main
project and export to GERBER.

Is it possible to create special layer without pins in gerber?