Re: gEDA-user: PCB antenna and solder mask

David Kuehling wrote:
"John" == John Luciani <jluciani@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

I make antennas by creating a footprint with multiple overlapping
pads.  Each pad has the same pin number. For the schematic just create
a symbol with two pins that have the same pin number.

Hi, thanks for that tip.

May I ask what kind of resources you use to design your antennas?  Any
good books or (open source) sofware you can recommend?

It has been more than a couple of years since my last printed antenna design. There is a program called mpac that can do some fairly basic stuff with patch antennas. Of course wcalc (http://wcalc.sf.net) can help with feed lines.

Last I looked, I wasn't really happy with any books, but I'm certainly out of date with that opinion. If I'm able to find any of the papers I used, I'll post the references.

-Dan