Re: gEDA-user: PCB antenna and solder mask

On 1/9/07, John Griessen <john_g@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

John Luciani wrote:
> On 09 Jan 2007 17:50:49 +0100, David Kuehling <dvdkhlng@xxxxxx> wrote:

>> May I ask what kind of resources you use to design your antennas?  Any
>> good books or (open source) sofware you can recommend?
>
> The two antennas I did I copied from the Chipcon (now TI) reference
> designs.

Did you learn how to measure their match with air and tune them?  (Since you wer
careful to get repeatable impedance by leaving solder mask off...)

I haven't looked at the antenna design details or tuning.

I have been working on two general purpose MSP430 boards that interface with
various peripherals and came across the Chipcon CC2500. I added the reference
design (folded dipole)  to one of the sensor peripherals that connects to the uC
board. I have not gone out for boards yet.

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org