Re: gEDA-user: KJWaves - new release (a r)

Hi Paul,

On Tue, 2008-01-08 at 22:21 -0500, Paul Tan wrote:

> 2 years ago, I have already replaced my (US $15K/seat)
> schematic/netlist commercial frontend tools, with gEDA;
> for design of hundred million transistors VLSI design. All
> becasue gEDA is a very powerful, generic, frontend
> tools.

That is indeed cool. Are you working in industry or academia? I'm just
wondering what sort of penetration the tools have.. do any of your
colleagues use gEDA too?

> Lots of gEDA built-in generic features are not known to
> the user who has no time to look into the gEDA core
> codes.  But I, as both a gEDA developer and a gEDA user,
> I am sure, in time, lots of advance VLSI and Mix_signal
> design feaures will easily be implemented and documented
> for the general gEDA users.

gEDA does have a bit of a learning curve.. and I'll admit to learning of
some of its features (PCB too) poking around in the code looking to add
them!

If you're doing development work on code for gEDA, you might consider
setting up a repository here: http://repo.or.cz/w/geda-gaf.git (choose
the "fork" option, and enter something like "geda-gaf/pault" for the
project name).

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton