Re: gEDA-user: KJWaves - new release (a r)

Hi --

I'll reiterate my points one more time and then sign off on this
thread.  Please feel free to rebut me, but please don't expect a
reply.

>> But that's also why the feature set reflects their needs, and not yours.
>
> I think, this neatly summarizes our discussion. Speaking for myself,
> this attitude greatly discourages me from using and contributing to
> geda.

You're basically badgering us to create freebies for you.  I like to
get free stuff too.  However, I realize that there is no free lunch in
this world, and I accordingly don't beg or badger others to give me
one.

If you don't contribute, either monitarily or by contributing code,
then don't expect us to jump to it when you ask for features.  Yes, we
agree with many of your feature requests, but asking is easy &
implementing is hard.  You're doing the easy work, and expecting us to
do the hard work.

May I suggest you take a look at Kicad?  It's a nice package, and they
might be more amenable to doing your bidding.  There are also plenty
of other open-source chip design programs out there; a quick Google
search may turn them up for you.

Cheers,

Stuart