Re: gEDA-user: Attributes in pcb footprint files -- is this a new feature?

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 18:28:01 -0500
DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Is there anything in the GUI to take advantage of this bright new
> > feature? Or is it a pure ascii-edit thingy right now?
>
> There is nothing in PCB that does *anything* with attributes, other
> than to preserve them.  Attributes are not for pcb itself, they are
> for (as I explained) third party modules which need to attach
> information to elements and boards.
>
> It's not like gschem/gattrib, where attributes are a critical part of
> the design flow.

Is there any way propagating a footprint attribute from gschem through
gnetlist, etc to footprints? That would be pretty good feature of gnetlist
to attach an attribute while it selects a footprint.

Just my HUF1
--
Levente
http://web.interware.hu/lekovacs