Re: gEDA-user: Printing schematics

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 16:12 -0500, Ian Chapman wrote:
> Gee thanks guys.  I now understand a bit about make and makefiles.  I
> guess when I tried to install gEDA from the tarball if you remember it
> stopped as it could not find a directory.  The gschem worked okay
> invoked from a terminal and I have 13 pages so that was okay.  I've even
> got as far as importing them into PCB and looking at the footprints.  In
> the process redef and gsch2pcb suggested a get-apps that worked out
> fine.
>
> I updated Peter's Makefile with
>
> "schematic_all_pages.ps: Sheet01.ps Sheet02.ps Sheet03.ps Sheet04.ps
> Sheet05.ps Sheet06.ps Sheet07.ps Sheet08.ps Sheet09.ps Sheet10.ps
> Sheet11.ps Sheet12.ps Sheet13.ps"
>
> and it ran through all the pages only it could not find print.scm in
> directory /usr/share/gEDA/scheme/ , there is a pile of other dot.scm
> files there so I guess I lost a bit form the tarball.  So I'm a bit
> higher on that learning curve just need to get print.scm.  Ian

I lost track which gschem you're using, and whether it came from Ubuntu
or the tarball.

Have a look in

/usr/share/gEDA/scheme/
/usr/local/share/gEDA/scheme/
~/geda/share/gEDA/scheme/

Its odd that it isn't present.. I've attached a copy. You can run it
from anywhere of course.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,
University of Cambridge,
9, JJ Thomson Avenue,
Cambridge
CB3 0FA

;; $Id$
;;
;; This file may be used to print gschem schematics from the
;; command line.  Typical usage is:
;;
;;   gschem -p -o mysch.ps -s /path/to/this/file/print.scm mysch.sch
;;
;; The schematic in "mysch.sch" will be printed to the file "mysch.ps"

;; Uncomment these to override defaults when printing from the command line
;(output-orientation "portrait")
;(output-type "limits")
;(output-color "enabled")
;(output-text "ps")

; You need call this after you call any rc file function
(gschem-use-rc-values)

; filename is specified on the command line
(gschem-postscript "dummyfilename")

(gschem-exit)