Re: gEDA-user: gEDA on windows

On Jan 12, 2009, at 2:43 PM, Joerg wrote:

>> I don't use automatic renumbering.
>>

> Ok, I have to, most of my schematic have north of 500 part. next to
> impossible not to auto-renumber. That may be the reason why this
> blew up
> on me.

There are many different expectations and conventions for auto-
renumbering. You can't expect somebody else to come up with exactly
what you want here: you either go with their flow, or write your own.
The multiplicity of renumbering scripts is testimony to the
difficulty of the general problem and the ease of specific solution
within gEDA.

Indeed, I have a special-purpose renumbering script of my own around
here someplace. But I find gEDA's hierarchy makes it pretty
unnecessary. The design I'm working on today looks like it'll have
about 1200 parts, but the biggest subcircuit only contains 55. Not so
difficult.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx