Re: gEDA-user: gEDA on windows

John Doty wrote:
> On Jan 12, 2009, at 2:43 PM, Joerg wrote:
>
>>> I don't use automatic renumbering.
>>>
>> Ok, I have to, most of my schematic have north of 500 part. next to
>> impossible not to auto-renumber. That may be the reason why this
>> blew up
>> on me.
>
> There are many different expectations and conventions for auto-
> renumbering. You can't expect somebody else to come up with exactly
> what you want here: you either go with their flow, or write your own.
> The multiplicity of renumbering scripts is testimony to the
> difficulty of the general problem and the ease of specific solution
> within gEDA.

All I wanted to say is that whatever method is used to fix the power pin
problem an auto-renumber (any method) should not touch the chosen
packages. When I tried it did, it assigned other refdeses to some of the
parts sans power pins.

> Indeed, I have a special-purpose renumbering script of my own around
> here someplace. But I find gEDA's hierarchy makes it pretty
> unnecessary. The design I'm working on today looks like it'll have
> about 1200 parts, but the biggest subcircuit only contains 55. Not so
> difficult.

55 is ok, can be done by hand if needed, but most of the time I must
renumber the whole chebang. That is to make it easier for service guys
to find parts on a large board. Also, some sheets need to contain a
whole big circuit in order to show a complete high voltage generator and
such. HV gens are rarely under 200 parts just for that sheet.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.