Re: gEDA-user: Graphics layers in pcb

>> I'd like to add some non-silk graphics to my pcb layout (Dimensions
>> of a cooler). I added a separate layer for this purpose. However,
>> lines put in this layer are interpreted as copper when crossing vias
>> or pads. This confuses the generation of rats. Is there a way to
>> make a layer completely insensitive to all connectivity operations?
>
> Not at the moment.

But if you care about this feature, upgrading PCB's handling of layers
is n DJ's list of work items to be performed given funding under the
Linux Fund.   However, works doesn't start until the funding is
ready.  I strongly suggest that if you care about getting
features like this built into PCB, then you (or your organization)
should visit their website and make a donation to the PCB project:

http://www.linuxfund.org/projects/pcb/

Cheers,

Stuart