Re: gEDA-user: Power (and other non-graphical) pins

On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 20:45 -0500, Bob Paddock wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 7:57 PM, DJ Delorie <[1]dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>    > "It only has to live a couple of hours"
>
>      I've made circuits like that.  Not always intentionally, though.
>
>    You can buy parts from Vishay that do "rapid spontaneous disassembly"
>    by design:
>    "Exploding/Magic Smoke Resistors now available off-the-shelf",
>     [2]http://blog.obscureresearch.net/epic

If you read the data-sheet, as I did, you might be amused to find this
at the bottom:

"The products shown herein are not designed for use in medical,
life-saving, or life-sustaining applications unless
otherwise expressly indicated. Customers using or selling Vishay
products not expressly indicated for use in such
applications do so entirely at their own risk and agree to fully
indemnify Vishay for any damages arising or resulting
from such use or sale."

No Vishay, but you're perfectly happy for them to be used in bombs, and
munitions etc..

They do quote airbag initiation as a typical example usage, so I'd
imagine that would come under "life-saving" application.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,