Re: gEDA-user: [RFC 6/6] Generation of log files

On Sat, 2009-01-17 at 11:22 -0500, Ales Hvezda wrote:
> [snip]
> >We need to fix the security implications of making known named files in
> >$TMPDIR, and with that I'd suggest that we used a subdir (per process
> >perhaps?). I can't find anything in my /tmp for gschem undo files after
> >I've been working with gschem for a while.
> >

> 	If you exit gschem, the /tmp files are cleaned up.  If gschem
> crashes, they are not.

Lets assume I still had gschem open whilst I was fishing in /tmp. (The
other way they get there is if I'm developing, I often test gschem, but
kill it from the console with Ctrl+C).

On the plus side, many distros (mine included) clear out /tmp on a
reboot.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,