Re: gEDA-user: [RFC 5/6] Use of X server clipboard

On Jan 17, 2009, at 11:02 PM, John Griessen wrote:

>> You can't reliably run gattrib on a schematic you've got up in
>> gschem.
>> If you're not careful about saving and reloading pages as they're
>> modified elsewhere, you end up losing changes.
>
> I use gattrib with gschem running.  I just save in one, edit in the
> other, save in the other, edit in the first...and repeat.

I do that too. But another technique, especially when I want to alter
symbol assignments, is to edit the schematic in nedit and gschem at
the same time. This is a little safer, as nedit notices when the file
has changed behind its back, gives you a dialog that lets you reload
or not. That would be a nice feature for gschem and gattrib.

Of course, a "replace symbol" feature in gschem would be nice, too.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx