Re: gEDA-user: Win32 build with native printing support (via Cairo)

On Wed, 2010-01-20 at 11:24 +0000, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 11:00:42 +0000, Peter Clifton wrote:
>
> > So.. it has gschem, gsch2pcb, pcb, gerbv...
>
> Great!
> Just yesterday a student asked me for a win version of the geda tool
> chain. I referred him to the cygwin version of Peter Baxendale. I'll ask
> him to get your native build a try, too. After all it is the most current
> version available ;-)

I'd be interested to know how he finds they compare.. (if they try
both).

The native version stands a chance of being faster - as it has less
levels of indirection to go through. The Cygwin version probably uses
X11, but then I'm not sure how performant the Win32 cairo backend is
either.

If they get this far.. I'd be especially interested to hear how well
tools like gsch2pcb and gnetlist run under Win32. I've run gnetlist
under cmd.exe before now, but I can't recall having tried the full
gsch2pcb workflow.

Best wishes,

Peter C.