Re: gEDA-user: Win32 build with native printing support (via Cairo)

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 11:40:15 +0000, Peter Clifton wrote:

> I'd be interested to know how he finds they compare..

>(if they try both).

Unfortunately, the local build under cygwin had more non documented
obstacles than the student (and I) were willing to tackle. Some of the
packages mentioned in the Cygwin README were obsolete, others were
missing in the list. Although we succeeded to let autogen.sh run without
complaint, it didn't produce a Makefile. So we scrapped the attempt and
went straight for your windows build.

First impressions:

* The package installed right away (what a relief).

* pcb complains about a missing ListlibraryContens.sh but continues
anyway.

* zoom does not work in pcb -- Neither with the mouse wheel, nor with the
z key.

* How would a gafrc line to use the current look like?
In Linux I do
	; Allow to source symbols from the current working directory
	(define current-working-directory (getenv "PWD"))
	(component-library current-working-directory)
In windows, the geda parser chokes on the getenv statement. How would the
gafrc file refer to the current working directory?

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
UniversitÃt Hannover, Inst. fÃr Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211