Re: gEDA-user: MODEL statements

On Jan 3, 2011, at 3:40 PM, Oliver King-Smith wrote:

>   I have defined my diode with a model statement
>   model=Is=1e-22 Rs=6 N=1.5 Cjo=50p Iave=20m Vpk=5 type=LED
>   This works fine except the spice-sdb backend inserts a model statement
>   every time it finds one of the diodes.  Is there a way to have the
>   model statement only once.
>   Oliver

Lots of ways.

1 Only attach it to one diode instance.

2 Attach it to no diode instances and put it in some other way.

2.1 spice-model symbol

2.2 spice-directive symbol

2.3 put the model in a library file

2.3.1 spice-include symbol

2.3.2 pass library file to SPICE via command line

---

This message contains technical discussion involving difficult issues. No personal disrespect or malice is intended. If you perceive such, your perception is simply wrong. I'm a busy person, and in my business "go along to get along" causes mission failures and sometimes kills people, so I tend to be a bit blunt.