Re: gEDA-user: multiple attributes

On Monday 17 Jan 2011 08:10:24 Stephan Boettcher wrote:
> al davis <ad252@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > How about prefixing simulation attributes with a dot.
>
> No, please,  use a proper namespace prefix, like
>
>   spice- verilog- sim-
>   spice: verilog: sim:
>
> Backend namespaces, use namespaces, with fallbacks into legacy and
> global namespaces.
>
>   spice-value=
>   sim-value=
>   value=

This looks good to me, although I would suggest using a '.' as the separator,
since I think it makes sense to keep '-' available as a character usable in
"normal" attribute names.  Also because being able to have a toplevel
attribute:

  spice-sdb.fix-my-netlist-please=yes

is a required feature. :-P

                         Peter